Sunday, March 6, 2011

Getting Started

To get started I did some initial research and then took a trip to a gardening shop, for me that was Bunnings. Ultimately what I chose to grow had to be available or I wasn't going to grow it, so although I had a list of vegetables I wanted to grow, I had to be flexible and treat my list more like a wish list. 

These are the vegetables that I chose:

Mixed Punnet of Tomatoes

Sushi Cucumber (I'm really interested in what the difference is between normal cucumber and sushi cucumber)

Mixed Punnet of Lettuces 

Old Fashioned Mint

Garlic Chives

Beetroot

Honey Pod Peas

Mini Cauliflower (I want to see how mini they turn out to be)

Last but not least, Yolo Wonder Capsicum


All of these say that their harvest time is less than 12 weeks which should fit into my presentation time. I went shopping for these on the 26th of February and one of the tomato plants already had a couple of little green fruits on them. Next is to plant them...

No comments:

Post a Comment