Sunday, March 6, 2011

Why a Home Kitchen Garden?

I'm a student at Murdoch University finishing off my first year of Primary Teaching. This semester I am doing a unit called 'Food for Thought' and one of my assignments for this semester is to make my own home kitchen garden and report on my experiences.

My Parents have always had something edible growing in the garden, even if it was just a lemon tree and a few herbs, but I have never really been the growing anything type of person, I even killed an air plant. Almost two years ago we (Mum, Dad and I) moved out to a 1 1/4 acre block in Oakford, and since then my parents have grown plenty of plants with different purposes, alot of which you can eat or are fruit and vegetable plants. I thought this assignment would be a good way to get me more interested into growing my own food instead of just reaping the rewards of my parents work.

I thought a blog would be the best way to keep track of my failures, successes and overall experiences so that it will be easier to complete my assignment but also for me to look back on later and to learn from and maybe, just maybe, I'll help someone else to create their own home kitchen garden, even you perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment