Sunday, March 13, 2011

Watering Your Home Kitchen Garden

My Dad said that I should water my plants twice a day while it is warm/hot, once in the morning and once in the evening. To be honest I have been forgetting the morning watering quite regularly, but in the evenings I do remember and sometimes I have a little help from some little people that live with us.

My 4 year old niece, Yassy. 

She's really proud to be watering because most helping jobs go to her brother just because he is older, but she really wants to get stuck into things now that she has started Kindy.

And this is my 8 year old nephew (Yassy's big brother), Zac.

Zac is usually happy to help, but my phone had a delay in taking the photo... he was smiling.


Because Yassy doesn't always get to help in things, I've been trying to make the extra effort in getting her involved. I also know, from working at school that introduced kitchen gardens into the grounds, that if children get involved in growing veges, then they will more than likely eat their veges, or a least give them a go.


She loved that she could look at all the plants before Zac got home from school.

Just a post about how important it is to water, and also about getting kids involved if you have any around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment